Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce
This delicious vegan salted caramel is so versatile! We have used it here in our oozing deep filled vegan chocolate chip cookies but you can drizzle it over cakes or brownies, spoon some over ice cream or on hot banana bread.
- Billington’s Light Muscavado sugar 150g
- Coconut Milk 250ml
- Salt (preferably good, flaked sea salt) – to taste – approx 1 tbsp
- Heat a heavy bottomed saucepan to a medium high heat.
- Now add the sugar and stir it around the pan for about 1 minute to heat through.
- Add the coconut milk and and sea salt stir to combine.
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce it to a medium-low heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until caramel has thickened, stirring occasionally. It should be sticking to the back of the spatula.
- Stir in your salt – don’t try and taste this while its hot, just wait until its cool, you can always add more salt.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly (for around 10 minutes) before transferring to a sealed container and into the fridge for at least two hours, it will thicken up more in the fridge