Ultimate, super-soft Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
This is your new favourite gluten-free chocolate cake recipe. It’s made with ground almonds rather than that chalky gluten-free flour, the result is so soft and luxurious and it keeps very well for a week. You can make this into cupcakes or scale the recipe up or down to suit you.
For the cakes
250g light brown sugar
250ml neutral oil like sunflower
110g cocoa powder
250ml whole milk
70g ground almonds
140g gluten free flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
200ml brewed, cooled coffee (not espresso)
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan assisted/gas mark 6
Grease 2 x 8″ cake tins
- Make up coffee & leave to cool completely (alternatively, brew a double strength coffee and add cold water to cool it).
- Mix the brown sugar and oil together in the bowl of a stand mixer on high for 3 mins, then on a low speed add the egg and beat to combine evenly. (you could also do this by hand)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients evenly
- Now add them to your mix and beat until smooth
- Add the cooled coffee and mix to combine evenly
- Divide evenly between your two cake tins
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.