Prep Time:30 mins
Cooking Time:15 mins
This is a super quick, easy and incredibly moist vegan cake which is a celebration of mulberry gin and the flavours and botanicals found in Boodles.
It’s really versatile so feel free to experiment with the filling and icing and make it your own.
For more vegan recipes click here
- 220g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar, we use Billingtons
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225ml soy (or other non-dairy) milk
- 15ml Boodles Gin
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 80ml olive oil
- 15ml white vinegar
- 30 raspberries
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 15ml Boodles gin
- 125g Icing sugar (you may want to add a little more or less – just add until you get a smooth consistency you like)
Quick gin raspberry jam:
- 300g raspberries
- 2 tbsp Boodles gin
- Dried mulberries (optional)
- Edible gold powder (optional)
- Nutmeg to grate
- Rosemary / flower for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine the sugar, baking soda and salt evenly with the nutmeg.
- Combine the soy (non dairy) milk, gin, olive oil and vinegar and whisk together with the dry ingredients until you have a nice smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture into individual cake tins greased with a little more olive oil (I used mini brioche tins), filling ¾ of the way to the top but you could use a cupcake pan, well greased with olive oil. I then popped 2 raspberries in each.
- Bake for 15 mins, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Once cool, pipe or spoon on some of the icing. Fill with jam and garnish with the herbs, flowers and mulberries dusted with gold.
- Heat raspberries and gin in a heavy bottomed pan over a medium-low heat until thickening and the fruit falls apart (around 10 mins.
- Leave to cool completely before straining through a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine gin and icing sugar in a bowl with a whisk until you have a smooth, thick icing.