Flourless Chocolate Cake Mix
This decadent fudgey chocolate cake is simple to make but perfect for when you want to show off your baking skills. The flourless chocolate cake is famously hard to master, but this mix makes it wonderfully easy. It’s the cake I would take to a dinner party or make for a friend’s birthday – the ultimate indulgent dessert for food lovers and one of my all-time favourites.
To order the cake kit – click here for asap delivery in London 11am-4pm
* Naturally gluten free*
The kit includes….
Guittard Coucher Du Soleil 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate
My mix – including Guittard Cocoa Rouge 100% Cacao, and Billingtons molasses rich brown sugar.
Malden Sea Salt
* All natural, good quality ingredients mixed by me in my bakery – nothing artificial! *
You will need – 4 large eggs * 125g (1/2 a standard block) of unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180°c /gas mark 4.
2. Use some butter to grease an 7” cake pan and stick the baking paper in place.
The paper should be too big for the pan and stick out above the edges.
* You can use a 8” or 9” pan instead, just bake a little less (see below).
MAKE YOUR CAKE
1. Chop up the butter and melt it with the chocolate, in a bain-marie (a metal or glass bowl placed over a saucepan with an inch of water in it) over a medium heat. Stir to slowly melt.
Mix until all is melted and cool.
*Top Tip – take the bowl off the heat 3/4 of the way through melting. Your mix will cool as the rest of the chocolate melts.
Alternatively, you can put the butter and chocolate in a microwave-proof bowl and melt for 1.5 minutes at 30 second intervals, stirring after each blast.