These Delicious Deep-Filled Vegan chocolate chip cookies, filled with vegan salted caramel, made with Billington’s Dark Muscovado Sugar are wonderfully gooey with an oozing centre which pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee and Billington’s Barista Range.
- Billington’s Dark Muscavado sugar 420g
- Vegetable or olive oil 225ml
- Water 125ml
- Plain flour 500g
- Baking powder 2tsp
- Bicarb 1.5tsp
- Salt 1tsp (preferably good, flaked sea salt)
- Dark chocolate chips 125g
You will need: a cupcake or muffin pan, well greased.
Note – make the caramel at least 2 hours ahead of the cookies, it will thicken up with time in the fridge, it keeps well sealed airtight in the fridge for a week.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Mix together the oil, water and sugar until they are nice and evenly mixed
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt and the chocolate chips evenly, so the chips are nicely coated in the flour mix.
- No just stir the dry mix into the oil mix, so its really evenly mixed and nice and smooth.
- Grease your cupcake or muffin pan really well, all the way to the top.
- Now scoop in some of the mixture so it fills the base of the muffin pan. Then spoon in some of the vegan caramel (see recipe here), then scoop some more of the batter on top.
- Sprinkle the top of the cookie with some more salt if you like.
- Then bake for 16-18min – they should still be chewy and a bit soft – don’t over bake them!