Dark Chocolate Stout Cakes made with Lily Vanilli Beer
Last year I created a craft beer in collaboration with Beer52 – a black forest gateaux stout. Read more about the process here. It’s delicious to drink as it is but I also really love baking with it and we have been putting it on our menu ever since in a stout cake filled with sour cherry or raspberry compote.
This version is mini dark chocolate bundts filled and decorated with raspberry coulis – you can decorate however you like – feel free to infuse with different seasonal flavours for your own twist.
We would love to hear how you get on with this recipe and if you tag us in your efforts on Instagram @lily_vanilli_cake we’ll regram our favourites.
- 250g Butter
- 250ml LV Black Forest Stout
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 400g Caster Sugar
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- A pinch of Vanilla
- 140ml Sour cream
- 275g Plain Flour
- 2.5 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Melt the butter and add in the Stout and chocolate. Heat until just combined.
- Whisk this into a bowl containing the sugar and cocoa powder (evenly combined).
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla and sour cream, then add this to the mixture.
- Fold in the flour and bicarb (evenly combined first).
- We poured this into mini bundt shape moulds but they can also be made into fairy cakes or muffins, whatever shape you fancy.
- Pop in a 180 degree oven for about 25 to 30 mins