Last year I created a craft beer in collaboration with Beer52 – a black forest gateaux stout. Read more about the process here. It’s delicious to drink as it is but I also really love baking with it and we have been putting it on our menu ever since in a stout cake filled with sour cherry or raspberry compote.
This version is mini dark chocolate bundts filled and decorated with raspberry coulis – you can decorate however you like – feel free to infuse with different seasonal flavours for your own twist.
- Melt the butter and add in the Stout and chocolate. Heat until just combined.
- Whisk this into a bowl containing the sugar and cocoa powder (evenly combined).
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla and sour cream, then add this to the mixture.
- Fold in the flour and bicarb (evenly combined first).
- We poured this into mini bundt shape moulds but they can also be made into fairy cakes or muffins, whatever shape you fancy.
- Pop in a 180 degree oven for about 25 to 30 mins