Want to grow your confidence as a cake decorator and learn some really achievable decorating tricks and techniques you can use again and again?
— Welcome to Lily Vanilli Online Academy! —
Online Class: Buttercream Package
Online Class: Icing on the Cake
Welcome to Lily Vanilli Academy Online – A place for and to meet cake lovers.
The core Buttercream Package covers:
- An introduction to your tools, how to stack, fill, crumb coat and final coat. This is broken down into great detail with lots of tips, tricks and troubleshooting.
- ‘Ice along’ videos – for all the steps above – this is designed for you to revisit once you’ve mastered the basics so you can recap the key steps each time you make a cake.
- Two video recipes for buttercream – American Buttercream & Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Two cake recipes
- Beautifully designed PDF booklets you can print off or just refer to – breaking down all the info in the course
- Equipment/kit list and links
- Academy mailing list with tips, recipes and special offers
- Lifetime discount code for online orders of Lily Vanilli Cakes
- Easy reference video clips focussed on how to use your tools
- An introduction to piping!
- Priced at £40, this is your ultimate start – to – perfection cake decorating package
You get unlimited access for 1 year to all the content for each class, which you can revisit as often as you like, both in real-time when you’re decorating and when you want to focus on learning some new skills.
Each of the bolt-ons focus on a specific skill set and include Method, Equipment & Techniques, Video Tutorials, Downloadable Course Materials and Piping Practise Sheets to help you master perfect piping skills (download, print, place acetate sheet over the top, practise and reuse!) . The Icing on the cake package includes all the courses and bolt-ons
Icing on the Cake Package
The Buttercream Package: Learn the Core Skills - Stack, fill, crumb coat and
Bolt on! Heart & Swags - 6 ways with a round piping tip
Bolt on! Strawberry Fields
Bolt on! Glitter Cherry Cake (with piping)
Bolt on! Bed of Roses Cake Decorating Class
Bolt on! Caramel Drip Cake (with shell piping)
These courses are designed for anyone who wants to master and hone the core skills required for perfect cake decoration, from complete beginners up to anyone who wants to brush up their skills and learn some tricks of the trade.
They will break down and demystify some of the key techniques you need to be a confident cake decorator, and inspire you to create your own beautiful creations.
Self-taught, Lily has been described as one of Britain’s best-loved artisan bakers and the Queen of Cakes. Since 2008 she has built an industry-leading brand with a pioneering approach to baking and running a food business.
She is the author of three best selling recipe books, co-founder of the industry-leading YBF Awards (now in its 10th year) and founder of the viral fundraising campaign #BakeForSyria.
She recently opened a second store in Tbilisi, Georgia and in 2018 launched an afternoon tea concept in Nanjing, China.
“Guiding me through this is my baking guru, Lily Vanilli. Before the lockdown, I had taken a cake decorating class at her East London studio, which I highly recommend for anyone looking to learn how to evenly stack and ice a cake.”
Rosie Vogel, Vogue
“One of the most sought-after artisan bakers of her generation”
The Queen of baked goods
“Lily Vanilli’s flights of fantasy have us grabbing our aprons”