Prep Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
1 batch of Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
1 batch of Simple Thick Custard
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten with 25ml of double cream or milk
- a handful of fresh raspberries
- a sprig of thyme to garnish (optional)
One 23cm round tart tin, or one 12 hole cupcake/muffin tray
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan assisted/ gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry to about 3mm thickness and cut rounds to fit your prepared tray, allowing extra to cover the sides – approximately 10cm rounds for a standard cupcake tray. Press these carefully into the cavities and refrigerate for around 30 minutes. Line, weigh down with baking beans and blind bake for around 10-15 minutes, or until starting to brown. Remove from oven, brush all over with the egg wash and bake for another 2 minutes to seal. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Pipe or spoon the custard on top of the pastry shells to fill and spread the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries and, if using, a sprig of thyme.