Prep Time:50 mins
We use lemon cream as a filling for our lovely lemon tarts. It’s both rich with cream and sharp with lemon juice in perfect balance.
- 260ml Lemon Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 220g Caster Sugar
- 1 Pinch of Malden Sea Salt
- 225g Unsalted Butter COLD
- Whisk the eggs, yolk and sugar until thick and pale.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, then mix over a bain marie (double boiler) set over a medium heat for about 12-15 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Cut the cold butter into 1 inch cubes.
- Transfer the mixture into a food processor and add the cold cubed butter 1 block at a time, with the mixer running until all incorporated evenly.
- If you are using the cream for lemon tarts, pour into each baked and cooled pastry shell until it just reaches the lid of the tart. Set the tarts in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- To see our pastry recipe click here
- The cream will also keep well, stored airtight in the fridge for up to a week.