Prep Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:1.5 hours
Serves:Makes: 12 - 16 chips
Here is the recipe for the chewy banana chips that we use to decorate a best seller in the bakery, our salted caramel banana cupcakes. They’re insanely easy and also delicious placed on top of banana bread, or simply mixed through granola and served with thick yoghurt.
- 1 banana (makes about 12-16 banana chips, depending on size of banana)
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Preheat oven to 120C
- Peel bananas then thinly slice at a diagonal angle
- Place bananas on the lined baking tray
- Sprinkle about 1/2 tbsp of caster sugar over each banana slice
- Place in the preheated oven for about 1.5 hours, or until the banana slices have turned golden brown
- Leave to cool and then place in an air tight container, they will keep for about 1 week.