Prep Time:15 mins
Cooking Time:50 mins
A Georgian take on a classic! A comforting, seasonal desert for the colder months.
The topping for this fruit pie is inspired by a traditional Georgian method I learned in Tbilisi.
- 2 x pink ladies (rough chopped, I like the skin on but you can peel if you like)
- Handful blackberries
For the custard filling
- 200g sour cream
- 70m double cream
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
Beat the eggs , then beat in all the other ingredients to combine evenly and smooth.
For the Georgian crumble topping
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 340g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 250g yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy, add the eggs and beat just to combine,
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda evenly
- Fold the yoghurt into the flour mixture, then fold this into the butter and egg mix, it should be combined but lumpy.
- Lay your apples and berries in your falconware tin, pour over the custard, the scoop over the crumble topping.
- Place in your hot oven and bake for 50 mins or until browning on top and cooked through.