Prep Time:20 mins
Cooking Time:25 - 30 mins
Toasting the nuts here adds a lovely depth of flavour, so make sure you don’t skip that step. I like to serve mine with fresh berries on top but you can use whatever you fancy. For an extra indulgent start to your morning, drizzle with melted dark chocolate too.
- 60g old-fashioned porridge oats
- 140g sliced almonds
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 60g toasted ground almonds
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 230g honey
- 50g light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 70g sultanas
- 70g chopped dried apricots
- 70g dried cranberries
20 by 27cm tray, greased and lined with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 6.
- Toast the coconut, ground and flaked almonds together for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C, Gas mark 2.
- Place the honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted nuts. Add the sultanas, apricots, and cranberries and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before cutting into 16 squares. Serve at room temperature with your chosen topping.