Prep Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes
This Baileys salted caramel sauce is revolutionary – pair it with a dark chocolate ganache and sandwich it between chocolate sponges, or simply drizzle it over vanilla ice cream. The possibilities are endless, but one thing is certain – you’ll want to use it on everything.
200ml double cream
¾ tsp sea salt
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
225g caster sugar
50g glucose syrup
65g salted butter
- In a small saucepan or microwavable jug warm the cream and salt, until hot but not boiling. If cooking on the hob stir the cream often to avoid scorching. Cover to keep warm whilst you make the caramel.
- Make a dark, wet caramel with the caster sugar, glucose syrup and water.
- Once the caramel is ready, remove from the heat and being very careful, gradually add the warmed cream and salt. It will bubble and spit ferociously. Do not stir until the bubbles have died down.
- Add the butter and stir well.
- If you don’t have a smooth sauce and have lumps of caramel, return to a low heat and stir until the lumps have dissolved. Add the baileys and stir well to incorporate. Store in the fridge for up to one month, warm gently to make liquid or scoop dollops into your favourite brownie recipe.